Sunday, March 13, 2011

The situation in Japan is truly critical-

I simply lack the words to even address the possible nuclear situation going on in Japan after the record 9.0 quake that has left tens of thousands of people missing, over a thousand people dead, and destroyed so much property. The enormity of it all, and the possibility of things somehow becoming worse, simply stall me. I can encourage anyone who has the means to contribute to Red Cross or any other fine rescue/aid organization because the quake/tsunami damage has left thousands missing, without power, and in need of care.

But for some reason, the possibility of nuclear meltdowns occuring from this tragedy seems like an exceptional worry to me. The results of an earthquake or a tsunami seem more fixed, somehow--the damage and the deaths occur, and the healing begins. The result of a nuclear "incident"--so much more complicated, with more dreadful possibilities.

I don't pray, and yet I find myself wishful. I hope evacuation, containment, and cooling efforts are successful. And yet I am gripped with such a fearful anticipation for so many people affected by this tragedy, that I have no more words than I wish, I hope, and feel for them and the loved ones out of harm's way who are also wishing, hoping, and feeling that things should be different.  And that wishing, hoping, feeling seems like so little in the face of so much.

No comments:

Kristi Noem, Dog Assassin

  SD Gov. Kristi Noem is getting a roasting over her depiction of killing a backwards "untrainable" puppy as well as a smelly goat...