Saturday, March 19, 2011

Operation Odyssey Dawn has begun



This is the sort of thing I should know better than to opine about. But I'm a hard-head, so here goes:

I have some pretty big reservations regarding an exercise of military power as an humanitarian intervention under any circumstances, and yet, to some degree, I think my reservations are magnified by seeing the so-called "Bush Doctrine" in action. This operation differs from the US invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq in many ways, though. Gaddafi has been killing his own people, and the rebels simply don't have the capability to overthrow him. I will post a more thought-out piece on this, later.

No comments:

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...