Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So, what's the plan for 9/11?


This is in part inspired by Think Progress' perusal of different ways in which several conservative leaders mean to "honor" this date by--making money!

Now, seeing Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin do anything on 9/11, after appearing together at the "Restoring Honor" gathering, is sincerely de trop. Easily worth $74 or so, up to $225. Maybe they'll perform Liebestod. Wagner is always appropriate for this sort of thing.

Or, if you act now, you can get in on Ralph Reed's "Faith and Freedom Conference and Strategy Briefing." All this for $95: you can sit in with the following stars of the current conservative hierarchy--

....Brent Bozell, Tony Perkins, Rich Lowry, Tucker Carlson, Grover Norquist, Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-VA), Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA), Erick Erickson....


I need to meet Erick Erickson. I'm still a neophyte as a blogger, and still have not figured out who you have to screw to get a real job in this business. I might have to switch sides. I must suck as a lefty, anyhow. I can't even catch hold of any of that George Soros monopoly money I hear us leftwing folks are supposed to get. Was I supposed to sign up for Journo-list to find out where my drop-box was or what?!!? Also I wonder if Carlson still wears bow-ties. Cos-play conservatism gets me slightly hot. Grrrr, baby, yeah!

Also--Newt is making a film. I am fascinated by the idea of Newt Gingrich as autuer. And I thought Bergman got Freudian.... what's Newt about?

....“America At Risk,” which Gingrich says will drive the “national dialogue” about President Obama’s failure to address the rise of “Radical Islam” and its attempt to impose Sharia law on the United States.


Wha'? It's up to our current president to by himself be answerable for how this country acts/reacts to radical Islam--why this president, hmmm? How is Obama's approach different from Reagan's, the First Bush's, Clinton's or the second Bush's? Since all of them at one point or another in their presidency had to confront wars where religious difference was part of the conflict--

but, and I mean this, but--they seldom rushed to phrase these battles as Holy Wars. They usually fell back on the tropes of freedom vs. tyranny. Which is why I think Newt, who has been all about the "Christian Nation" stuff lately, is kind of more on the side of tyranny, himself, anymore. He seems skeptical of religious freedom, anyway. And has been associating with Dominionists.

Anyway, I am shocked--Shocked! to imagine anyone would want to profit from a nine-year old tragedy from which we are trying to heal, especially by picking at scabs and worrying at stitches. But that's just me--


Sometimes I expect people to be better than they are. I get disappointed.

No comments:

TWGB: This Situation is not Hypothetical

  In today's SCOTUS hearing, Samuel Alito argued that immunity for former presidents is good, actually, because without it, ex-presiden...