Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kevin Costner is now like, one of my heroes. What's up with that?



But it turns out that the water-cleaning machine that his brother invented with Kevin's funding from a bunch of good films he used to do? Totally works. My skeptic side wanted to call b.s. and still does. My optimistic side that says "Science will find a way" wants to cheer. This has to be true--damnit.

I want to believe that if they build it, it will suck--oil that is. Black gold. Texas Tea. I'm gritting my teeth against every awful story I hear, from turtles set on fire to the idea of other wells (let alone the seabed itself) leaking--I so want this story to be kind of true. And be able to suppose we humans aren't too dumb to fix our messes.

(But can we be smart enough to not have'em in the first place? I still grouse.)

No comments:

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...