Saturday, April 3, 2010

The kids at Gunn HS are all right.



These are awesome cool young people, and their response to hate is right-on. Check out the video. I really think this is the unintendended best consequence of the WBC--they wanted to spread the word of religious hate--but they actually create unity because of the people who find themselves against them and who unite in love and banish fear, and basically mock them by being better people in response to them.

I think pride parades and love-ins should follow Westboro Baptists wherever they go. Maybe they'll someday learn from that. I'm kind of a romantic--I hold out hope that anyone can find the humanist inside of them. Learn how to love and forget how to hate, as the Ozzy song puts it.

No comments:

Kitchen Karen is Back With a Handmaiden Origin Story

  Today, I’m proud to introduce the More Opportunities for Moms to Succeed (MOMS) Act along with @SenMarcoRubio , @SenKevinCramer , and a g...