Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Netflix Finds: The Constant Gardener



I selected this 2005 movie largely because I really like Ralph Fiennes. I was interested in seeing a few actors I especially like in this Netflix go'round, so I selected Crank 2: High Voltage for Jason Statham and ass-whupping, The International for Clive Owen (actually, that movie was good enough to be a Netflix find--so go see it, really, quite cynical and spycrafty), and then this one--you know, for romance and "gonna cry"-ness. I'm so glad I did get this one, though, and not just because Fienne's performance was touching and brilliant in it. Or even because Rachel Weisz is really fiesty and good in it.

It's a great story about a great love between a somewhat staid diplomat and his more activist wife. But when his wife is murdered, the diplomat and constant gardener is compelled to find out what exactly his wife had found out, why she died, and how he can try to finish what she had started.

I totally cried a bit. So I recommend it.

No comments:

Rudy Giuliani Has Been Served

  I've been meaning to get to writing something on Giuliani this week, about how he's lost money, his radio show, his mind over Trum...