Friday, July 10, 2009

This is a couple days old, but still stupid--Fox's Brian Kilmeade.



I think the refreshing parts are the following:

"Species". While we haven't exactly gotten gender equality in marriage, where guys'n'guys or gals'n'gals can hook up, in his world, we've gone way beyond the Loving decision re: interracial marriage to Santorum's figurative snapping turtles or possibly dogs. "Other species" would mean um, squirrels. Ladybugs. Leidy's comb jellies. I do not believe these blends occur in these United States.

Also, his ethnic examples slay me: oh noes, the Irish are marrying the Italians! (I kind of resemble that remark!) But the Swedes have pure genes.

Oh. Dear.

I suppose I could link to an anthropological study regarding the genetic benefits of exogamy, but, oh, shit, why spoil the sheer, jaw-dropping fun of a discussion about pure genes and ethnic hygeine with anything as stolid as facts? How can anything I comment with equal the look of sudden horror on the face of his blonde co-host when she realized "Oh wow, that came across as kind of racist, didn't it?"

The stupid, sometimes it burns. But sometimes it is also curiously amusing. Horrific. But amusing.

No comments:

TWGB: All the King's Goons

  It took me awhile, but I remembered when Matt Gaetz used Twitter to harass witness against Trump, Michael Cohen (he was cleared of wrongdo...