Thursday, July 2, 2009

Not that I buy these things, but yesterday was three--

Karl Malden, who I seem to remember best from American Express commercials:



(Okay, he did some great film-work, but when I heard he passed, I immediately thought of "Don't leave home without it.")

Alexis Arguello, who I remember best from Warren Zevon's song "Boom Boom Mancini" ("When Alexis Arguello gave Boom Boom a beating, seven weeks later, he was back in the ring....)



And Mollie Sugden, who really was brilliantly funny in "Are You Being Served?" is dead at 86:



(It makes me a bit morbid to think that this experience of people I remember, not completely antique old B/W movie and tv stars, but people I actually watched, dying, will likely accelerate as I get older.)

No comments:

TWGB: Where's the Cavalry?

  Trump's trial, in a way, involves a bit of myth-making--today we learned that, per an agreement between Trump and David Pecker of the ...