Thursday, May 14, 2009

He says we're not fully human likes it's a *bad* thing.



You know, sometimes, when I'm seeing a rainbow, or making love, or just chilling out by my fig tree and vine, I stop and I think, "Wow, I would enjoy this so much more if I were fully human and had God to thank for how cool all this is."

Oh wait. That never happens. Those things are really cool and make me happy, without needing the idea of the supernatural to make it transcendent.

But it's not really that atheists are shortchanged in their worldview that makes us less human. I think it's more that we've rejected Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor's worldview. And there must be something wrong with that.

No comments:

The Elephant at the Protest

  I am completely opposed to the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from Gaza, I genuinely think the Rafah operation will be a bloodbath and s...