Thursday, January 8, 2009

Slacking--a Blogger's Perogative

Lately, I think I've been slacking on part of what I blog--the reviews. Looking back, I've generally shared my insights on the books I've read and movies I've watched, even talked about a little tv....but I haven't really had the opportunity to get out and sample anything that felt blog-worthy, lately.

It's bad, people. As for movies, my husband and partner-in-crime's knee injury amd the complications thereof have kind of made movie-going not-possible of late. As for books, I just haven't got anything good lately--although I used a gift certificate to get Russ Baker's Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America . If the book is anywhere near as long as the title, it should be interesting.

(Side note: will there be anything in it the left-wing conspiracy-theorist has not seen before? After all, I was reading the Web Tarpley Unauthorized Bio a long ways back and truly believe there is no great conspiracy theory of the latter half of the 20th century without GHWB involvement. October Surprise? Iran-Contra? Iraq-Gate? As Nixon might say--"the Bay of Pigs thing?" What? I've read the best of them. Pete Brewton's The Mafia, CIA & George Bush. I've read Kitty Kelley's book and J.H. Hatfield's book about Junior. And Al Martin, and so on. Even sideways-connected stuff, like Hopsicker's Barry & "The Boys". To me, this book is probably just a reinforcement of what I've been reading the last fifteen years.)

With the same gift certificate (I have friends who love me and support my book habit), I got 5 Warren Ellis graphic novels--yeah! So I'll blog old news goodness, if I have to. Ellis rocks, anyway.

And as for tv reviewing--MEH. I have not watched much tv of late. I haven't bothered to catch up with "Heroes" this season or "Sarah Connor Chronicles"--too complicated. I missed the first eps I think of both series while I was in Italy, or if not, while I was kind of living and stuff. So I watch the more accessible things like "The Big Bang Theory" and "Two and 1/2 Men"--which are funny, short, and don't require I catch all the eps to know what the heck is going on. Also, Master of Darkness (that would be my brother) has turned me on to Doctor Who in its latest incarnation (I actually haven't really watched in--somethingteen years? previous? But David Tennant is quite charming.) I may try to access more of that. Netflix, peut etre. Or tape-tree with the bro--tape tree! Quaint notion! Very '80's or '90's!

But is it bloggable? Peut etre, non. Although it is Youtubeable:

(This vid kicks ass!



Doesn't it?)

So anyway--I've been slacking--resolution--uh--stop slacking?

No comments:

The Red Line for Journalism

  I wonder why Speaker Johnson is so passionately weighing in on the Ronna firing… oh… https://t.co/Ek1OdMBDyN pic.twitter.com/uh7JEewLpr ...