Monday, January 19, 2009

Reflections on the Bush Presidency

It's very hard to put into words exactly how I feel about the end of the GWB administration. So I'll let Youtube do the talking.


















(Caution--Graphic)


























And really, just looking back over the clips at what went wrong under his watch, I just can't quite bring myself to believe that :

a) No, really, that was just the surface--the whole eight years was just like that and more so. You can look up warrent-less wire-taps and Tora Bora and Al Qaa'Qa and museum looting and batting around Social Security privatization and vetoing legislation on SCHIP and "Bushisms" and so much more and it has all just been surreal and inept. It all really happened, and he really was that bad.

b) And it's actually thisclose to over. And we'll have President Barack Obama. Who really looks like he could do things right. He understands what he's getting into, and what he needs to do.

I wish him all the luck in the world, even if I don't believe in luck.

And for what it's worth, I wish Bush a clearer path once he's out of office, than he ever saw while in office--a justly rewarding retirement with plenty of time to think, to sort out his memoirs, and to figure out something positive to do next. His presidency was turbulent and I believe he probably saw more protestors than any other president. I just don't think he ever understood why.

I have a hope he someday will.

No comments:

TWGB: Cold Courtrooms and Old Farts

  You are supposed to pity Trump at this point, the miserable wretch that he is, made to sit by his enemies in a freezing cold courtroom mor...