Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Here comes the atheist bus!



Well, there it goes, or some hundreds of them, in the UK. I think it's pretty cool that there's support for an atheistic advertisement, although I wonder if there would be as much support, or even tolerance for something like that here in the US.

Even though it is a fairly innocuous message--take away the first part, which expresses a possibility : "There's probably no God", and the second part just sounds like very sensible advice: "Now stop worrying and enjoy your life"--I suspect there would be enough people of the opposite tack : "There damn well is a God; so you better worry and mind yourself!" to cause a little trouble over it. But I could just be....very used to the pull of religion over my fellow Americans.

No comments:

TWGB: Fresh New Contempt

  🚨This appears to be a gag order violation. Habba’s title is Trump’s “legal spokesperson.” The gag order also restricts Trump from “direc...