Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sally--Slow your Mustang Down

You know, I really hate to link to this. It's against the things I stand for--you know, the truth, justice, and American way. I don't care for language that singles people out, or makes people scapegoats. I like people and I generally appreciate their differences, unless the differences are motivated by ignorance or bigotry. But as my mom told me when I was young, evil, like a cockroach, hates direct light, so I'll shine a little light up on this mess--from Sally Kern, Representative (I do so expect not especially representative) of Oklahoma:



The "gay agenda"? Which consists of what? Of not being judged because of who you love. Of being treated equally under the law. Of not being afraid to be who you are because of hate. Yes. She equates the desire to live openly as one's true, affectionate self, as being worse than being willing to bomb, maim, kill, other people. Obviously, expressing affection and wanting to live one's life without judgement and accompanying violence is the real problem America faces--even though "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness," might be American ideals--in a mind like hers.

She believes she is "in jeopardy"--from what? The Lavender Mafia Death Squads? Or maybe--any rational person listening? She thinks the schools are teaching indoctrination of what?

Acceptance. It is evil and bad that anyone might teach that you should accept other people who are different than you--says she. Maybe you are Gay. Maybe you are Transgendered. Maybe you just happen to be of one of those "not equal" religions. Like Jews? Maybe not them. Like Wiccans. Like Hindus. She should tell us, really, which religions she supposes, aren't equal. (I abstain from this parlor game, having my stated skepticism keeping me warm at night.) And gay teens joining a Gay-Straight alliance could ruin their lives--amazing. A young person who feels like an outsider finds a group of welcoming people that accepts others for who they are--wow. How ever will God's retribution of making these sinners suicide ever go on if they realize they are gasp--not alone?

Sorry, Sally. Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Trangendered people, are here, in this country, living their lives, and not undermining it. They support it because they know it is a free country, and just like you have your business flapping your gums, they have their business living their lives. Not all Muslims, by the by, are terroists, and by the by, gays, lesbians, et al, have families. They aren't alone. And they have friends. And these people read, think, and vote.

I am not sure how willing they are to vote for ignorance and hate. We'll see.

No comments:

TWGB: All the King's Goons

  It took me awhile, but I remembered when Matt Gaetz used Twitter to harass witness against Trump, Michael Cohen (he was cleared of wrongdo...